Guide to Quitting Smoking from Cancer.org
Quitting smoking is not easy, but you can do it. To have the best chance of quitting and staying quit, you need to know what you’re up against, what your options are, and where to go for help. You'll find this information here. Click here to visit Cancer.org and read about the topics below:
- What do I need to know about quitting?
- Why should I quit?
- When smokers quit — what are the benefits over time?
- Immediate rewards of quitting
- Social acceptance
- Health of others
- Setting an example
- Help with the mental part of addiction
- Help with the physical part of addiction
- What are the types of nicotine replacement therapy?
- Prescription drugs
- Other methods of quitting
- A word about quitting success rates
- How to quit
- Some special concerns
Funding provided to Carroll County General Health District by the Ohio Department of Health, Tobacco Use Prevention and Cessation Program, which is supported by Cooperative Agreement number 5U58DP001983-05 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.